When visiting the Site, cookies are stored on the User's terminal (computer, tablet or mobile), with the User's prior agreement, in order to make their browsing user-friendly and attractive.
The User's consent is formalised when they accept the cookie banner on the home page and is valid for a maximum period of 13 months from their acceptance of the insertion of the corresponding cookies except functional / technical cookies that will only be kept for the time strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the Site.
The user can decide to block certain types of cookies (see "How do I set these cookies?”).
However, if the User makes this choice, BABOLAT cannot guarantee optimal browsing and certain services on the Site may also be blocked.
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that records information on the User's terminal (computer, tablet or mobile) concerning their browsing experience on a website (date and time of page loading; browser used and language; pages viewed, frequency and duration of visits to the site, number of visits, sources of the visit, location).
b. What are cookies for?
When the User connects to the Site, BABOLAT or third party companies whose services BABOLAT uses (technical or advertising partners) may install various cookies on the User's terminal (computer, tablet or mobile) in order to send the User content and services adapted to their interests.
Cookies do not pose a risk to the User’s terminal since no virus or malware are deposited by them.
c. What are the types of cookies?
The types of cookies used by BABOLAT are:
- Technical cookies which are strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the Site:
- They are essential for browsing the Site and using the basic functions requested (language cookies, identification cookies, etc.).
- If the User were to block these cookies when configuring their browser, BABOLAT would no longer be able to ensure the proper functioning of the Site.
- Functional cookies to improve the User's experience: they are there, for example, to memorise their choices on the Site.
- Cookies for audience measurement allow statistics and the volumes of visits and use of the various elements making up the Site to be established.
- Advertising cookies help to customise advertising content according to the User's interests.
- Social cookies are plugins that make it possible to share content related to the Site on social networks or to share information related to the browsing or the User's interests regarding the Site on these social networks.
Social cookies are used for the "share" or "like" buttons on the Site and from the social networks Facebook and Twitter. If the User has an account on these social networks and clicks on one of these buttons, the social network concerned will make the link between their profile and the Site visit.
BABOLAT therefore invites the User to consult the personal data protection policies set up by these social networks especially in order to be aware of the purposes for which the User's data is used and the rights that they have regarding such processing.
Names of cookies used on the Site:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
The cookies used by BABOLAT do not collect personal data.
d. How do I set these cookies?
If you are using Google Chrome you should follow the instructions as follows:
- Select the Settings menu, then Advanced Settings
- In the "Privacy and Security" section, click on Site Settings
- Locate the Cookie menu and select the appropriate options.
If you are using Mozilla Firefox you have to follow the instructions as follows:
- Select the Tool menu then Options
- Click on the Privacy icon
- Locate the Cookie menu and select the appropriate options
If you are using Internet Explorer you must follow the instructions as follows:
- Select the Tools menu then Internet Options
- Click on the Privacy tab
- Select the desired level with the cursor
If you are using Safari you must follow the instructions as follows:
- Choose Settings menu > Safari,
- Enable the option Block all cookies or content blocker
If you are using Opera you must follow the instructions as follows:
- Choose the menu File > Preferences
The legal basis for processing cookies (excluding technical cookies) is your consent, which you can withdraw at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.